Embracing Freedom


When I think of freedom, I think of running through acres and acres of land without any end from north, south, east, or west, with my hands open, a smile on my face, and joy in my heart.  I also think of the many men and women that serve and have served our country, providing us with the ability to walk on free soil.  To which, I am very grateful for their service to our country.

When I think of embracing freedom, I think of the freedom and liberty that I was able to embrace through having a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  At one time, I was bound with so many preconceived notions and beliefs about life and myself, that I was actually living in a box and I didn’t even realize it.  I was under the assumption that I was living in freedom, because I had my own house, car, job, and could do whatever I wanted.  But the reality of the situation was that I was becoming involved with people, places, and things that were really not me, because of trying to fit in, as well as traits and behaviors that I had picked up along the way. Once I developed a personal relationship with Christ, He began to reveal to me many things about myself that were not my portion, with the main one being people pleasing, while revealing to me who I was in Him.  

People pleasing can cause us to begin living up to the expectations and approval of others, when we should be living up to the expectations and approval of Christ. As it states in Colossians 3:23, “whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men.”  Performing out of seeking man’s approval, can keep you bound and unable to walk along the path that God has ordained for you, because you are doing everything for a person and not for Him.  When being about our Heavenly Father’s business, there is no need to worry about approval from others, because He has already approved of us and loves us boundlessly. What more approval and love do we need?

So Sista’s, I encourage you to surrender to Jesus and ask Him to reveal to you any place where you are bound, so that He can uproot it and for Him to walk you towards embracing true freedom and liberty in Him.  If you don’t have a relationship with Jesus and would like to encounter and embrace His freedom, I encourage you to ask Him to come into your heart, repent, and accept His ways and will for your life.

Thank you and enjoy being FREE in JESUS!!!

Peace & Blessings,
Edquina
              

Comments

Popular Posts