When Change Walks Through The Door & Takes a Seat




The idea of change for some is daunting and for others it’s fascinating.  In speaking with others, I have found that the first example is where most of us find ourselves.  On the other hand, there are some of us that find change fascinating, well, at least, until, it is a change that we have no control over or no part in.

Change truly can be daunting, especially when you have everything planned out in your life, and for once you’re actually on target for where you should be; then suddenly out of nowhere, the unexpected happens.  A whirlwind and colossal storm comes through, to shift, change, and rearrange your life, leaving you with a loss of control and nothing left to do, but truly surrender and give your all to God and trust wholeheartedly His leading and direction for your life.

This happened to me, not too long ago.  I had been working in my career field for over a decade and loving it.  I was achieving major milestones and on target for a certain level of success that I wanted in my life, then, the unthinkable happened. A huge change occurred, that left me without my job.  I was baffled, anxious, worried, and uncertain about where my next steps or move would be, because it was a change that was occurring in my life, that was hard for me to face and I truly wasn’t prepared for.  I couldn’t believe that it had happened, leaving the plans that I had for myself ruined.  Then, God took over.  I was offered the ability to seek a higher level position that was far off from my radar, because I was still stuck in the change that happened, not realizing, that time was passing, and that I needed to seek God more than ever and take heed to His still small voice in my life.  I could have easily pushed that position to the side, had I not relinquished my control and let God have full reign in my life, because the position was not in my goal plan, but, it was in God’s goal plan for my life. Needless to say, I am positioned and serving in that position and loving it!

I know that many of us say that we have surrendered ourselves to God, but we are still moving along in our plan and not His plan for our lives.  I strongly believe that we must surrender ourselves to Him on a consistent and daily basis, realizing that we are not in control of our lives, He is.  When change that mirrors this occurs, it is God letting us know that our time is up of believing that we have everything under control and it’s time for us to redirect our undivided attention back on Him.  He deserves the Glory in our lives, not us. When we begin to believe that we have things under control, it is the very moment that we take the Glory from God and place it onto ourselves, which is a dangerous and costly place to be.  I am so grateful for God’s grace, mercy, and goodness, and that He loves us enough to correct us and show us, who is truly in control, HIM!!!

I encourage you to spend some time focusing on Luke 12: 22-26 (ESV), which states:

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds! And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? If then you are not able to do as small a thing as that, why are you anxious about the rest?

Jesus is speaking to His disciples and reminding them to not be anxious about life and the things in life, because He has full control to change things, not them.  Begin thinking about the things in your life that you need to give back over to God and give Him his rightful full reign over them, remembering that God is in control, and any change that occurs, He already has it handled. 

Peace & Blessings
Edquina

Comments

Popular Posts