Following His Instructions




How many times have we been given instructions and have not followed them?  How about the instructions that come with items that need put together or simply need followed for an appliance to work, and we never look at the instructions, but proceed to use it or put it together, to only find out later, that it is not put together properly and we have used it incorrectly?  Or, we can’t fix it, because we threw the instructions away!!!!

I know for a fact, that I have done this several times.  Believing that I already knew how to put the item together and/or work, only to find out later that it was put together completely wrong and because I threw the instructions out, I couldn’t go back to determine how to fix it!!!  How disappointing?!?! Had I followed the instructions given, I would not have ended up with a broken piece of furniture and had I not thrown the instructions out, I could have went back to see where I went wrong!!!

So, how many of us have been given instructions by God, that we are not following or we have thrown away?  I had to check myself on this as well!!! It can be easy to think we know better than God, because the way He is asking us to do something seems odd or different.  Lord knows, doing things my way for years, had left me with unbelievable issues that could have been thwarted, had I followed Him!!! But today, because of His grace and mercy, it's a different story!!! 

When I think of obedience and a solid instruction follower, I think of Joshua.  The Lord instructed Joshua to “Be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law of Moses My servant commanded you, do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go” (Joshua 1:7).  Joshua also received specific instructions from The Lord, as you read further, to lead the people across the Jordan River, with the Priests bearing the Ark of The Covenant.  His consistent following of The Lord’s instruction, led the people across the Jordan safely, without issue or problem. What would have happened, had Joshua not trusted in the instructions given to him from The Lord and thought that he could do things a better way?  I’m thinking that the Jordan may have not parted and the people may have not been able to cross.

Lord, Please forgive us for not following the instructions that you have given us.  We will follow your instructions completely, keeping them and holding them as your truth for our lives.  Amen. 

Sista’s let’s work on following the instructions that The Lord has given us, trusting them and not ourselves.  This not only honors Him, but allows the world to know that His way is ALWAYS the right way, no matter the difficulties along the way, because He will ultimately work things out for our good, IF we are following Him!

Peace & Blessings
Edquina

Comments

Popular Posts