CLIMBING THE LADDER TOGETHER


Lately,  I've been trying to advance myself and grow professionally.  It's been a road that I've been traveling along for about one year now by attending workshops, reading books, articles and posts.  I'm not sure about anyone else, but I hate to admit that when I first started out, I felt a bit embarrassed about sharing with others that I've been on this voyage.  I thought to myself, why should I be ashamed of sharing my aspirations to reach a higher level in my life, when that's exactly what I should be doing.....GROWING!

It's very true that many of us fail to share our experiences and advice with others, which, in my opinion is a selfish act.  This is very true for us as Women!  We hold onto these nuggets of success and keep them hidden and buried.  Regardless of the reason, point blank...it needs to stop!

As professional women, it is important that we join together, share ideas, share experiences, and build on the limitless changes that we can make in this world.  Moving ahead in life does not do us any good, if we can't find it in our duties to take the hand of our Sista's and walk them up the same path.  This is done by not letting go, pointing them in the right direction to reach their level of achievement and then ultimately celebrating them!

Although I have only one year under my belt, I know I have plenty more books to read, workshops to attend, and advice to listen to.  In the meantime, I've provided a list of three books below that I believe everyone should read.

How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
Developing The Leader Within You by John C. Maxwell

If you have any advice or suggestions on books or workshops to attend, please share! 

Peace and Blessings~
Edquina

Comments

Popular Posts