What Upsets Me!

What seems to upset me the most are parents that fail to give their children hopes and aspirations for a limitless future full of adventure. When speaking with a parent the other day, she told me that she is only going to be happy with her son graduating from high school? If I could have looked at her like I wanted to, I’m sure we would’ve been in the floor fighting, but I was able to contain myself…. smile and walk away. I thought to myself, how disgusting to set a below average standard for your child and then question why that child continuously involves themselves in negative activities. It is because of situations such as this, where we let our children know that we don’t expect anything at all from them but below average standards. It has been proven that in this society, only having a high school diploma is not going to allow anyone to have a successful life. Parents….the best things that we can offer our children are hope, aspiration, and love. Do not express failure as an option or an alternative, express to them that they can achieve their goals and their dreams can come true. So many of us have settled for less in life and tend to unknowingly pass that mentality down to our children. Well…. today is the day to depart from that thinking and encourage our children to strive for the best in life and achieve ALL of their goals. BREAK THE GENERATIONAL CURSES
Edquina Washington

Comments

Popular Posts