UpliftHer

Being a woman in this society is a title that I take with pride and privilege. Recently, I have taken notice to the distasteful act that we often partake in, of putting one another down. Regardless if the conversation has to deal with jealousy or truth, the act still displays a negative trait. As if it isn’t bad enough that we exist in a society that functions off the method of downgrading and dehumanizing women? If only we could see that the television, magazines, billboards, internet, music videos, and other media avenues are all ready doing a wonderful job of this, then maybe we would WAKE UP and end the demise of ourselves. So I ask, were the speeches, walks, and burning of bras all for nothing? It appears that we are placing ourselves back in the box in which we fought so hard to remove ourselves from. I have to admit, that I have been a culprit in this act before and have had to stop myself and think about what I was doing. I often like to use the motto, “you’re tongue is meant to heal not kill”. There is enough killing going on in our world, that amongst ourselves we should have the ability to embrace the act of healing within our womanhood. What do you think?
Here are some suggestions/comments that work for me and may work for you
1. If you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything at all.
2. Instead of saying something rude, compliment the person.
3. Remove yourself from conversations that engage in the act of demeaning one another.
4. Remember that your words WILL find its way back to the other person.
5. What goes around, comes around.

Thanks for listening
-Edquina Washington

Comments

Popular Posts