#MakeTimeForYou


Like many women in today’s society, I am a Mom that has a lot going on in my life and my family’s life.  From working, to keeping the house clean, to having fun time with my family, serving in ministry, serving in my community, extra-curricular programs, and so on and so on.  My days are full and can sometimes become overwhelming.  That overwhelming feeling can lead to us feeling burnt out, which in return can have us neglect our mental, physical, and spiritual health, while taking care of everyone else.  I know, because I’ve been there.

About a year ago, I knew that I had to make a change, because I was quite simply becoming frustrated and lacking an area of fulfillment in my life.  I then began my #MakeTimeForYou space, which focused on me making a commitment to work out a few times per week at my own pace, which in return developed into me falling in love with working out.  The only goals that I embraced were to do something that would make me feel better and that I would enjoy.  Yes, there were days that I didn’t want to go and I pushed myself to go.  Yes, there were months that I regressed and stopped making time for myself, but I quickly regrouped and got back in the swing of things.  My time became so important to me, that I began to place it in my schedule, with the same priority as my business meetings and children’s activities. 

If you're having a hard time thinking about what your time could look like, here are a few examples.  It could be visiting the hair salon/nail salon, shopping, reading, creating, writing, time with girlfriend’s, taking a class, and more.  It’s all up to YOU, in how you #MakeTimeForYou!

Today, I encourage you to #MakeTimeForYou!!!  You are important and vital to the health of your family and your livelihood.  If you are not healthy and happy, then how are you going to pour back into your family, career, friends, and community?  Most importantly, YOU DESERVE IT!!!

So, get out there are start to #MakeTimeForYou!  I look forward to hearing about your progress!


Comments

Popular Posts