Who Are You?




At some point in our lives, we must begin to search and find ourselves. Many of us believe that we found ourselves, simply because we are adults, have careers, have a family, own a business, or whatever, when in all actuality we are not even close to being ourselves, we are actually wrapped up in being what we have been taught, what we have seen, what we have experienced and what we are constantly trying to prove to others that we are or are not.

You ask me how do I know, because that was me! Thinking that I knew who I was, just because I believed that I had it together, when in all actuality, all that I had together was a picture that I was painting of myself to others, that the color and vibrancy was fading on and if I didn’t wake myself up, I would quickly become decomposed and fade into what I call the land of nothingness.

So what did I do? Great Question!

I opened my heart, my mind, my body, my soul, and my spirit to The Lord. I gave myself FULL permission to unlearn all the things that were taught to me, shown to me, done to me, and spoken over me regardless if the individual had good intentions or not and gave The Lord FULL permission to heal me, develop me, use me, and show me who I truly am in His eyes, not the eyes of man, but His eyes. And, to be quite honest, with you, He is still revealing to me, who I am, but the main thing is that I know way more about who I am, than what I used to know.

Sistas, I encourage you to take that ride, take the voyage, take the trip into discovering yourself through Christ. Find out who you really are!!!!! You are far more than what you think!

You are more than someone’s late night secret!

You are more than being someone’s Woman on the side!

You are more than the lies that you tell to make yourself seem more than you are!

You are more than the job you are working in that you hate!

You are more than someone’s punching bag or verbal assault target!

You are more than the past hurts, pains, and struggles that you went through!

You are a child of God and He is waiting for you to come home to him running with open arms!

He already knows everything about you and He still loves you, so why not let Him show you and develop you into who you are!

Peace and Blessings
Edquina

Comments

Popular Posts