Babysitting Dysfunction

For the life of me, I can’t tolerate or understand people that are always complaining or claim to be doing bad every single time that you talk with them. The fact that I awake each and every day with breath in my lungs, able to walk, talk, use all of my limbs and my mind is functioning as right as possible is enough for me. These are the people that when you call them, it’s always a pity party and then they expect you to join in with them. Nope, not me, you got the wrong one. One time I was listening to a sermon by a pastor named John Guns entitled “Never Again” and the one thing that he stated that has stuck with me was to “stop babysitting peoples dysfunctions”. Seriously, when we co-dependently feed these individuals with what they want to hear, we are not doing anything to help them, but rather babysitting grown people and keeping them from maturing.
To be honest, I’m not really one to have a New Year’s Resolution, but I do keep goals for myself and reminders to keep me focused and motivated and let me tell you, 2010 that is going to be my main motto, not babysitting people’s dysfunctions. So just to clear the air, if you ask me a question, come to me whining and can’t handle the truth and reality of a situation, please don’t ask. It does me no good and you no good for me to allow my fellow brothers and sisters to maintain shadowed in a light of ignorance, because I am worried about their feelings. My feelings are that I love you too much to allow you to live in a self proclaimed pit of darkness, when light surrounds us each and every day.

In my opinion, the worst thing someone can do is see a person walking and approaching a hole in the ground and never say anything, because they think the person won’t listen or doesn’t care and watch them fall down that hole…that is complete and utter selfishness.

Edquina Washington

Comments

Popular Posts